Utility Assistance Program
Our Utility Assistance program helps families and individuals in Harris County with the payment of their electricity and gas bills. If you are interested in applying for assistance, please contact the United Way of Greater Houston’s Helpline or Click Here to apply for the program.
* Resident of Harris County
* Must meet the US Department of Health and Human Services Income Guidelines
* Provide proof of income for the last 30 days for all household members eighteen (18) years of age and older such as employer gross wages, Social Security, Unemployment, Food Stamp Award Letter, Retirement, VA Disability, etc.
* Provide a current Electric Bill – Reliant customers must provide their meter number
* Provide a current Gas Bill (If applicable)
* Electric and/or Gas Disconnection Notices (If applicable)
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (“TDHCA”) announces the opening of a 30-day public comment period for the Draft 2017 Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) State Plan. LIHEAP funds are used to fund the Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP), a utility assistance program for low-income persons. The public comment period begins Friday, May 27, 2016 through Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 12:00 p.m. (Austin local time).
Please visit the TDHCA Public Comment Center at http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/public-comment.htm to access the Plan or go to http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/community-affairs/ceap/index.htm
Written comments concerning the draft plan may also be submitted to the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs, Community Affairs Division, P.O. Box 13941, Austin, TX 78711-3941, or by email to email@example.com, or by fax to (512) 475-3935. Comments are due no later than 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 29, 2016.
One of the public hearings for the LIHEAP Draft Plan will be held in Houston at the following location and date:
Wednesday, June 15, 2016, 6:00 p.m. Neighborhood Centers Inc., 3838 Aberdeen Way, Houston, TX 77025
Any questions may be directed to Rita D. Gonzales-Garza, CSBG Program Administrator, in the Community Affairs Division at (512) 475-3905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mon 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Tue 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Wed 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Thu 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Fri 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Sat Closed
- Sun Closed
Please note that this site does not take walk in appointments. Please call 713-590-2327 for questions about the program.