For Media and Community Partners
Year-Round Free Tax Preparation for Houston Area Families
Neighborhood Tax Centers are a program of Neighborhood Centers Inc., a United Way agency. We provide quality, free tax preparation by volunteers who are tested and certified by the IRS.
In 2013 tax season, Neighborhood Tax Centers prepared 32,673 tax returns, claiming $47 million in tax credits and refunds. The economic impact of the program in the past five years has been $182 million.
Download the Media Kit:
Who is Eligible?
- Families earning $50,000 or less
- Single individuals without children earning $30,000 or less
- Income limits are higher for families of 5 or more
- Free Electronic Filing and Fast Refunds with Free Direct Deposit
- Assistance in Spanish is available. Call 2-1-1 for details.
- Assistance in Vietnamese, Chinese, and many other languages. Call 2-1-1 for details.
No Social Security Number Required
- Tax returns may be filed using Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers, or ITINs.
- Neighborhood Tax Centers can help you and your family members apply for ITINs.
- You may qualify for Child Tax Credit and/or a tax refund.
Location and Hours
- Year round tax center at Baker-Ripley Community Center located in SW Houston
- Call 2-1-1 for hours